Happy Planner have done it again… another functional weekly spread, a rainbow theme – and a new page size!
- Pages = 4.125″ wide x 9.25″ high
- Cover = 5″ wide x 9.75″ high
- Laminated cover (different designs on the front and back of the cover)
- Dates at a glance pages
- Different dividers for each month
- 2 page monthly spread with dates at a glance and important notes + 1 page monthly calendar in list style format
- Notes page (graph paper) for each month
- 2 page weekly spread (starts on Monday)
- Colorful inside pages
- 12 month dated
Price: $25 USD + shipping
Let’s take a closer look!
To enlarge the screen of the video, click the square icon in the bottom right hand corner of the video (it will say ‘full screen’ when you hover your mouse over the icon).
The usual laminated cover that all the Happy Planners have. There are a few different cover designs to choose from but I of course, chose the rainbow stripe!
Approx 0.5″ thick. The discs are mini size (1″ diameter)
The inside has a different design to the front – mint with stars. I originally didn’t really understand this as it doesn’t really coordinate with the rainbow, but throughout the planner are different patterns on the spines of the pages – one of them being rainbow with stars like this.
Each month has:
- Cardstock divider with a different quote / pattern
- Dates at a glance calendar with important section and dot grid writing space
- List format 1 page monthly calendar
- Grid paper ‘notes and things’ page
Each month has a different divider. I show them in the video but here are my favorites:
Unlike most planners, this one has a list style monthly calendar which I LOVE. I haven’t used the 1 box per day format you see in most planners for years, I use a list exactly like this one instead (can write more for each day and no pre-printed holidays wasting space).
I love the colors, the shaded lines, the fact there’s just a mini dates at a glance calendar – this whole monthly spread is basically perfect for me.
I’m so glad they went with a horizontal spread as the columns in a vertical would be way too small. Very simple weekly spread but works well.
Holidays are not printed on the weekly spreads – there’s a holidays reference list on the monthly spread.
Dates at a glance
As always, big sturdy tabs are included for each month.
I don’t know why, but in all of the Happy Planners the color of the tabs is printed on one side only – it’d be great if the color was on both sides.
I didn’t do a pen test of this specific planner as I’ve already pen tested other Happy Planners. Here are the results from that:
As is the case with all of the other Happy Planners, the paper is thick and holds up well with no ghosting for most pens and very minimal ghosting for marker pens
Pros of the Planner
- Portable size
- Holidays aren’t printed on the weekly spread (more room to write)
- Love the rainbow colors
- Different dividers for each month
- Big sturdy tabs
- Monthly notes pages
- Functional weekly spread
Cons of the Planner
- Dates at a glance calendar for each month starts on Sunday, weekly spread starts Monday
- No notes pages at the back
Would I use this planner?
Yes! I love the calendars, the monthly list style format, the horizontal weekly spread… basically everything about this planner.
If you like this planner, it’s available in my sister’s planner supplies shop (click here).
More Happy Planner reviews:
- MAMBI Happy Planner Mini vs. Classic vs. Big: which size is right for you
- MAMBI Happy Planner Happy Notes Review
- Happy Planner Color Block Weekly
- MAMBI Student Weekly Planner
- 10 Quick planner hacks you need to try (planning tips & inspiration)
- What is the best day of the week to plan?
- 12 Solutions for when you run out of space in your planner
Found this post helpful? Pin it!