I have an addiction to pens. A big one.
Perhaps because I’ve bought so many, I hesitate before buying expensive pens. So after trying many pens – these are 5 expensive pen brands that are worth the money (I have no regrets for splurging on them!)
1. Papermate Inkjoy Gel pens
The Papermate Inkjoy Gel pens come in a very appealing range of rainbow colors. I love rainbow colors so my resolve not to splurge on these pens didn’t last long! They really are as good as everyone says they are.
They write so smoothly and come in the best color range.
They’re my favorite gel pens ever I hesitated buying these for a long time due to the price and wished I hadn’t waited so long!
2. Pilot Frixion Erasable
The frixion erasable are my all time favorite planner pen. Nice colors + the ability to erase to keep my planner neat + multiple pen tip sizes to choose from = pen addict’s dream!
The Frixion brand also have erasable highlighters – they’re pricey but the ability to erase is oh so convenient <3
These are the pastel highlighters, they also come in bright colors.
3. PaperMate Flair
Similar to the Inkjoy Gel, the PaperMate flair come in lots of colors. There’s also the option for medium or ultra fine tip. I’ve tried both and prefer the ultra fine.
This range of pens come in various shades of the same color such as light blue and dark blue if you have sub-topics they’re ideal for color coding. The Candy Pop pack also has a mint colored pen which is a hard pen color to find!
4. Zebra Sarasa
The Zebra brand is hard to get a hold of Australia. My sister has a pen pack on her site but I wanted the bright rainbow colors set. The only place I’ve found the rainbow pack is online at BunBougu and eBay.
Purple doesn’t come in the pack 🙁 but it is available individually.
The KaiserCraft Kaiser Colour pens come in a few different styles including pastel, neon and my personal favorite – glitter! The packs also come in 12, 24 and a mega 48 pack if you want all the colors.
These pens write really smoothly, there’s a silver pen in the pack and you can actually see the ink of the gold pen!
More Pens Reviews:
- How to choose the right planner pens: what to look for when buying planner pens
- Ultimate list of the best planner pen brands and how to choose colors for color coding
- Best pens for writing on washi tape
- Planner pen testing in the Erin Condren Life Planner, Plum Paper, Happy Planner by MAMBI and Limelife Planner
- Favorite places to buy planner pens (online)
- Planner pens I don’t recommend (prone to smearing, bleed through etc.)
- Favorite pens for writing headings in my planner
- What type of pens write best on correction tape? (gel pens vs. ballpoint vs. marker pens)
- Favorite black pens for planner addicts
- How to store planner pens (5 ways – and my favorite method!)
Found this post helpful? Pin it!