After a white pen was included in a pack of pilot pens I received, and I bought some planner stencils, I wanted to try a spread on black paper that used the two!
Before the Pen
After trying various pens on black paper (see the results in this post), I opted for the Sharpie Permanent Marker in Metallic Gold and the Sakura Gelly Roll 08 White pen.
All the Sharpie Permanent Markers I’ve tried have a tendency to bleed through paper so I was pleased when there was no ghosting on the back.
The Papicolor notebook I used has glue binding that surprisingly isn’t falling apart (yet) and laid perfectly flat every time I use it.
I used stencils for everything as I knew if I tried freehand it would end up crooked.
After the Pen
I really like how this turned out! Black & gold <3
The only problem with using black paper? If you make a mistake you can’t white it out. I thought about using a black marker e.g. staedtler but figured it was minor so just left it.
I’d probably just use a ruler to draw a divider line next time as the stencil is plastic / a bit flimsy and slipped so I had to do a freehand touch up.
- A5 Papicolor notebook (has white, kraft and black paper)
- Sakura Gelly Roll 08 white pen
- Sharpie Permanent Markers (metallic gold)
- Stencil (for the flag banner)
- Stencil (for the curved box and flag banner)
Pros of planning this way
- Something different from usual white paper
- Stencils save time and look neat
Cons of planning this way
- White pens usually aren’t included in pen packs – it’s expensive to buy pens individually and white pens can be hard to find
- Hard to find notebooks with black paper
- Can’t use whiteout if you make a mistake
Would I plan this way again?
Yes, it was something different from my usual spreads, plus it was simple and quick.
More weekly spreads
- Life Inspired Weekly Planner Review (Lined Horizontal + Checklists Layout)
- Limelife Planners Layout C review
- Bullet Journal Ideas: 26 Weekly Spread Layouts to Try
- 12 Planner Layout Ideas for Monthly Habit Tracking in Your Bullet Journal
- 10 Things I don’t put in my planner (and why)
- My favorite cheap stationery for planning
Liked this post? Pin it!