Unique Planners is a company that doesn’t seem to be well known among the planner community but which have cute and functional planners nonetheless!
See my review of the planner in this post.
Before the Pen
After the Pen
Since I’d just gotten back from overseas and was short on time playing catch up, I kept it quick and simple using pen only – black on the left and a pop of color on the right!
When I ordered the planner I thought the ‘mini week planner’ space would be larger and originally intended to use it for blog post scheduling. Instead I used this space for meal planning. The space is really small with hardly any room to write in, the only other use for it that I can think of would be mini icon stickers or mini color coded stickers for recurring tasks (e.g. cleaning schedule).
There’s a space between the checklist and lined space but opted to just keep writing and turn the whole thing into one long checklist as the columns didn’t provide enough space.
The Frixion erasable pens are my all time favorite erasable pens but sadly, the paper of the planner didn’t agree :/ The pens didn’t erase cleanly and the color printing of the planner itself printing smudged a bit when erasing.
Pros of the Unique Planner
- Lined writing space
- Large checklist section
- Different colors for each month
- Planner can fold back on itself / lay completely flat when writing
- Bookmark to keep your place
- Very functional weekly layout
- Pen ink doesn’t ghost or bleed through to the other side of the page
Cons of the Unique Planner
- The line spacing is too small. I’m someone that does write small but the line spacing was way too small (0.4cm)
- The size of each section was just a bit too small – if you purchase this planner, go for a size larger than the one I got (A5 size)
- There was something about the paper – the Frixion erasable pens didn’t erase cleanly and the colors of the planner printing smudged a bit when erasing
- The mini week planner was too small
- Frixion Erasable pens 0.7mm (my all time favorite pens!)
Would I use this planner again?
I like planners that have a 2 page weekly spread with horizontal lined writing space for the days of the week and lots of checklist space on the other page. This planner would be a lot better in a slightly larger size, with wider line spacing and a habit tracker instead of the dates at a glance monthly calendar. I’d order from this company again and use this layout, but I’d order a larger page size so the line spacing is bigger.
Planners with a similar layout:
- Plum Paper – Horizontal lined + notes
- Mi Goals ‘Goal Digger’ Weekly Planner 2018 Review
- Agendio Review (custom, personalised weekly planner)
More planner spreads
- Colorful Bullet Journal Inspired Weekly Spread
- Using the MAMBI Happy Planner Horizontal
- Weekly planning using Microsoft Excel
Liked this post? Pin it!