On the quest to find something different than the usual notebooks, I stumbled across the Papicolor which has white, kraft and black paper all in the one notebook. Black paper means I obviously couldn’t use black pen so some pen testing was in order!
Which pens write best on black paper
- Sakura Gelly Roll 08
- Sharpie Permanent Markers (metallic gold and silver)
- Scholar Gel Ink Metallic & Pastel (from Aldi)
- Sakura Ballsign
- Sakura Gelly Roll
These pens you could see the ink but it wasn’t very bold.
- Pilot Poplol 0.7mm
- The Craft Stall Metallic Pencil (from the Reject Shop Australia)
- Target metallic gel pen
- Gelly Roll Metallic Glitter (I had to write over the words twice so wouldn’t recommend)
These pens were too dark that you wouldn’t be able to read what you’d written:
- Kaisercraft metallic glitter (can’t see it enough to read it properly)
- Uniball Signo (colors, I don’t have a white one to test)
More white pens
These are white pens I’ve come across on the internet but don’t own so I’m assuming would work ok on black paper:
- Uniball Signo
- Recollections Signature Broad (from Michaels)
- Sakura Pen Touch 1mm fine point
Which pens were best?
For writing on black paper I recommend the Sakura Gelly Roll 08 and the Sharpie Metallic Permanent Markers.
More pen reviews
- Brush pens versus highlighters: which is better for planning?
- Favorite Twin Tip Markers for Planning (Roundup)
- 5 expensive pen brands that are worth the money (I have no regrets for splurging on them!)
- 7 Ways to make colors POP when printing using an Inkjet printer
- How to use functional icon planner stickers
- 20 Productivity & Time Management ‘Rules’ I Live By