I’m assuming that if you read my blog, you’ve heard of Planner Kate. One of the top Etsy sellers and one of the most well-known planner sticker shops. After years of admiring her pretty rainbow sticker sheets, I finally caved and bought some during her Black Friday sale. I’ve been wanting to do a weekly spread with them ever since they arrived. The rainbow colors are so nice!
I am not affiliated with Planner Kate. I purchased the stickers myself and as always, all opinions are my own.
Before the Pen
I did my usual weekly layout with days of the week on one page and a giant checklist on the other page.
I used the rainbow stripe on the side of the sticker sheet for the border at the top of the page, and covered the join (one sheet wasn’t big enough for the Buke notebook) using a ‘Do all the things’ sticker.
I didn’t like the Planner Kate washi tape (more on that in another post), however the rainbow Planner Kate stickers coordinated really well with my thin rainbow washi tape.
After the Pen
I originally was going to use the black checkboxes on the second page but didn’t like how they looked, especially since I was going to be writing in black pen (so thought it would be too much black). I managed to peel them off and re-stick them elsewhere. The stickers maintained their stickiness and hadn’t peeled off by the end of the week (I leave my planner open on my desk too, not closed). They neatly fit in the 5mm dot grid.
I really like the rainbow square stickers. They are 6mm so just cover up the dots on the page.
I tested the PaperMate inkjoy ballpoint, Frixion erasable and Uniball Signo gel pens on the stickers. All worked fine. The erasable pen didn’t erase though, the ink just smeared a bit.
- Bujo 160 GSM dot grid notebook
- Thin washi tape (3mm) from this rainbow 20 pack in my sister’s store, Carefully Crafted
- Frixion erasable pen in black
- Planner Kate stickers
- ‘Do all the things’ (KF-8B)
- Star box stickers (I-577)
- Black square checkbox (S-1825)
- Numbers for dates square boxes (S-796 and S-797)
- ‘Check Budget’ (S-1572)
- ‘Digital clean out’ (EVT-101)
- ‘Clean house’ (S-573)
- Days of the week stickers (F-104B)
- Square boxes (S-138)
- Tooth sticker from the Happy Planner journaling sticker book
Would I do this spread again?
I’ve used this layout with days of the week on one page and a checklist on the other many, many times. It’s my favorite weekly layout so I’ll definitely be doing more spreads in this layout in the future. The bujo dot grid notebook (5.75″ wide x 8.25″ high) was the perfect size for this week’s spread.
I really like the Planner Kate stickers and will be posting a more thorough review of the stickers (including the rest of my haul) in another post.
More weekly spreads
- Planner Inspiration: 10 Rainbow Weekly Spread Ideas
- Minimalist black and blue weekly spread using DIY stencil
- 10 Minute Rainbow Weekly Spread Using Highlighters
- 7 of the best weekly planners that cost around $20 or less
- Comparison of 30 Dot Grid Notebooks for Bullet Journaling (Buying Guide)
- Pens & Highlighters Smear Testing: Which ones don’t smear
Liked this post? Pin it!