I’m on a seeming never-ending quest for dot grid notebooks with white paper (not yellow) and that aren’t prone to pen ghosting or bleed through. Which was how I came across the Artist’s Loft Notebook.
- Size 6″ wide x 8″ high
- White paper
- Dot grid pages
- Blank index / contents page
- 2 Built in ribbon bookmarks
- Elastic band
- Different colored covers
LET’S TAKE A CLOSER LOOK!
To enlarge the screen of the video, click the square icon in the bottom right hand corner of the video (it will say ‘full screen’ when you hover your mouse over the icon).
Off to a good start – A dot grid notebook that doesn’t have a black cover!
Approx 0.75″ thick
Blank index page. Or you could just use this as a list page.
The dots are the usual 0.5cm apart
2 built in ribbon bookmarks – and different colors so you don’t get confused!
I had high hopes for this notebook. The smooth bright white paper = halfway there. However there was bad ghosting for most pens. I’d still use the notebook, I’d just skip the back side of the paper (like I do with most dot grid notebooks).
Pros of the Artists Loft Notebook
- Bright white + smooth paper
- Different colored cover i.e. not black
- 2 different colored ribbon bookmarks
- Blank index page
Cons of the Artists Loft Notebook
- Not widely available
- Paper is prone to ghosting
- Pages are not numbered
Would I use this notebook?
Yes. Because the paper quality isn’t the best, I use this notebook mainly for experimenting with different layouts before replicating them in my other dot grid notebooks with better paper.
If you like this notebook it’s available in my sister’s planner supplies shop, Carefully Crafted (click here).
More bullet journal reviews
- Plum Paper Bullet Journal Custom Notebook
- Leuchtturm Slim dot grid notebook
- Otto Dot Grid Bullet Journal Notebook
Bullet journal tips
- Best highlighters for bullet journaling
- The 3 types of bullet journal notebooks you should have
- 7 Quick and easy ways to make your bullet journal less boring
Liked this post? pin it!