As the year starts to wind down and it’s time to choose a planner, you may or may not have already come across Ban Do Planners… If not, here’s a flip through!
Ban Do Weekly Planner Review
I was not compensated for writing this post and all opinions are my own.
- 17-month (Aug. 2017-Dec. 2018)
- Gold elastic closure
- Gold wire binding
- 2 Page horizontal unlined weekly spread
- 2 Page monthly spread
- USA national holidays pre-printed
- 2 Sided pocket folder
- Decorative Sticker sheets
- 6.5″wide x 8″ high
To enlarge the screen of the video, click the square icon in the bottom right hand corner of the video (it will say ‘full screen’ when you hover your mouse over the icon).
Let’s take a look inside!
Made from sturdy chipboard this cover should hold up well over time. The shiny silver cover was what drew me into the planner, it reflects different colors depending on the light (as you can see in the photo below!)
Price: $22 – $28 depending on the size you choose
Double Sided Pocket Folder
Dates at a glance pages
The lines are close together so you’ll need to write small!
The dividers are paper and feature different quotes / designs for each month.
2 Page Monthly Calendar
The planner has random events / holidays pre-printed on the monthly calendar and weekly planner pages. Things like ‘national watermelon day’. To me this is stupid, useless and a complete waste of space.
However, the calendar does have 6 rows of calendar boxes so none of the daily boxes are split into 2 (as some planners tend to do when the end of the month falls mid-week, rather than just starting the dates on the top row).
The monthly calendar runs from Sunday to Saturday.
National holidays (USA) have the boxes shaded in different colors.
The notes sidebar is very narrow and also has the previous and next month’s dates at a glance.
2 Page Weekly Spread
Horizontal & unlined.
Week starts on a Monday.
Saturday and Sunday share the same amount of space as 1 weekday (i.e. each day get’s half as much planning space as the rest of the week)
Notes pages at the back of the planner… there’s more notes pages than most planners include
The tabs are small, have small font size and feel like laminated paper (i.e. they’re not very sturdy)
There are a couple of pages of decorative sticker sheets
Pros of the Ban Do Weekly Planner
- Gold elastic band to keep it closed
- 17 months (for less than the price of most 12 month planners)
- Sturdy, silver shiny cover! <3
- 2 Sided pocket folder
- Small, portable size
- Comes in multiple sizes
- Different cover styles to choose from
- Notes pages at the back
- Sticker sheets (not functional stickers though)
Cons of the Ban Do Weekly Planner
- Weekly spread is unlined – I can see this getting messy when stickers etc. are added – especially if you write crooked like I do!
- Wire binding – can’t add extra pages
- No cover personalisation option available
- Tabs are flimsy – just laminated paper
- Saturday and Sunday share the same amount of space as 1 weekday (i.e. each day get’s half as much planning space as the rest of the week)
- Random events / holidays pre-printed on the monthly calendar and weekly spread
- No monthly planning page
- Personally, the designs of the dividers are not my style
Would I Use This Planner?
No. Apart from the shiny cover and the double sided pocket folder, I don’t really like much about the planner. The colors / design is not my style, the weekends are combined and it has a very boring (and unlined) weekly spread.
This planner would be ideal for someone that doesn’t like to plan in detail – just wants to jot down a few things each day and decorate with stickers, washi tape etc. to fill the rest of the planning space.
More Planner Reviews:
- Mi Goals Planners Haul & Review (Planners made in Australia)
- Life Organized Weekly Planner by Paper House (similar to the Erin Condren Life Planner)
- Ashley Shelly Planner Review – Weekly Planner (pros, cons and a walkthrough)
- Kate Spade planner review (pros, cons and a video flipthrough)