While on the hunt for planners with my favorite weekly planning layout (days of the week on one page and habit tracking, checklist & notes section on another page), I stumbled across the Clever Fox weekly planner!
Disclaimer: I was sent a copy of the planner in exchange for this review. I was going to purchase the planner anyway. As always, all opinions are my own. This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase this notebook using my affiliate link I’ll receive a small commission at no extra cost to you.
- Size: 5.75″ wide x 8.5″ high
- This belongs to page in case your planner is lost
- Dates at a glance
- Neutral color scheme
- 2 page weekly spread (starts on Monday)
- 2 Page monthly calendar (starts on Sunday)
- No Tabs
Price: $25 USD + shipping
Let’s take a closer look!
To enlarge the screen of the video, click the square icon in the bottom right hand corner of the video (it will say ‘full screen’ when you hover your mouse over the icon).
Off to a good start – the planner comes in a box that would be perfect for pen storage…
There are also black and orange options however I opted for the bright pink!
The cover is leatherette material – not hardcover but not softcover either.
This belongs to page
Goal setting pages
Plenty of goal setting pages …
…This one is my favorite!
Week starts on a Sunday (not consistent with the weekly planner with starts on Monday).
Really like the structured sidebar and lined writing space at the bottom of the pages.
The planner is undated so you can start using it anytime.
The weekly planning pages are the main reason I wanted this planner. I much prefer horizontal format for daily planning on one page and then checklist, notes, habit tracker etc. on the right page.
Most planners don’t include a weekly reflection section so it’s a refreshing change that this one does!
Dot Grid Extras pages
The dots are a little too close together for my liking – approx 0.3cm apart.
There are tons of these pages at the back of the planner – much more than most planners include. However, the printing of the dots is black, not a subtle grey.
There are no tabs in this planner (probably since it is undated). Instead there’s 3 built in pen loops (in different colors).
Super handy – I wish more planners included pen loops!
3 sheets of rainbow icon stickers were also included with the planner! <3
I tried various ballpoint, gel, fine tip and marker tip pens, as well as highlighters and MAMBI stamps. This planner had the best results out of the 50+ planners I’ve reviewed to date. I was quite impressed with the paper – no bleed through or ghosting for the pens and stamps! 😀 Only the cheap highlighter (purple one – it’s from the Reject shop) had some ghosting.
Pros of the Planner
- Portable size
- High quality paper with almost no no pen, highlighter or stamp bleed through or ghosting
- Minimalist color scheme
- Built in pen loop
- Plenty of dot grid paper in the back of the planner
- Pocket folder
- Comes with rainbow icon stickers
- Undated – start planning anytime
- Affordable – only $25 USD
- Comes in a box that would be perfect for storing pens…
Cons of the Planner
- Book binding style (although the pages lay flat better than most planners I’ve tried with this type of binding)
- No lined notes pages at the back of the planner – only dot grid
- No tabs (tabs for monthly calendar, weekly planning and notes would be helpful)
- No cover personalisation option
- The dots on the dot grid pages at the back of the planner are close together and the printing is black, not a subtle grey
Would I use this planner?
Yes. I really like the weekly layout. I do wish some of the extra pages at the back of the planner were lined instead of dot grid.
If you like this planner, use the coupon CFP10OFF for 10% off! (It’s currently only available Amazon). Coupon code currently has no expiry date.
If you like this notebook, it’s available on Amazon (affiliate link)
More planner reviews:
- Lorna Leigh Lane Weekly Planner Review (Pros, Cons & a Video Flip through)
- Passion Planner Review – Compact and Classic Sizes (Pros, cons and video walkthrough)
- Amelia Lane Weekly Planner Review (Pros, Cons & a video walkthrough)
- What is the best day of the week to plan?
- Finding planner peace: 18 things to check before choosing a planner
- Setting up a new planner: 70 Tasks to add
Found this post helpful? Pin it!