The Happy Notes has become one of my all time favorite MAMBI products! So when they introduced the half sheet (finally!) of course I chose the one with the rainbow stripe cover 🙂
- Size: approx 4.1″ wide x 9.25″ high (half the width of the classic)
- Reversible laminated cover
- Cover is bigger than the dimensions above (and includes space to add tabs if you want to)
- Different cover designs available
- Choose from dot grid, lined or graph paper (refills also available)
- 60 pages inside
- Inside pages are printed double sided
- Color printing inside (color depends on the cover you choose)
- Disc size: a bit less than 1″ diameter
Let’s take a closer look!
To enlarge the screen of the video, click the square icon in the bottom right hand corner of the video (it will say ‘full screen’ when you hover your mouse over the icon).
If you like the notebook, my sister stocks it in her planner supplies shop.
The usual laminated cardstock cover that the Happy Planners have. The cover extends about 0.75″ beyond the inside pages so there’s room to add your own tabs if you wanted to.
I think this will definitely become a brain dump / list book – especially grocery lists. I may use it for pre-planning the week too.
It comes with 60 dot grid pages although you can squeeze a few more onto the disc if you want to.
The inside color of the dot grid changes depending on the cover you choose
I did a pen test of Happy Planner paper in this post.
I really like the half sheet notebooks. The only con is that I wish they came in more cover designs and more inserts.
More Happy Planner reviews for similar notebooks:
- MAMBI Happy Planner Happy Notes Review
- Happy Planner Dot Journaling Notebook Review (Pros, Cons & Comparison with the Happy Notes)
DIY printables for the Happy Notes
For all the accessories MAMBI have, there is a lack of insert / refills… so I made my own!
My current favorite is the monthly habit tracker (although I’m thinking about printing 2 copies for next month and splitting work and personal on different pages).
I only occasionally use a daily planner on weekends. Standard daily planners don’t really suit me – the schedule starts too early! So I made a printable that’s flexible – can add the times that start when I choose and still space for a checklist too.
I ended up reversing the covers so the floral pattern appears on the front and the stripe pattern on the inside. Since I leave my planner / notebooks open on my desk and don’t really see the cover.
I prefer to print single sided (and do this with all my printables) for a couple of reasons:
- Paper is cheap and I recycle it so it doesn’t feel like I’m wasting too much
- I don’t like writing on the back side of paper. Not necessarily because most pens are prone to ghosting or bleed through, I just prefer to write on a crisp clean, fresh sheet of paper
- If I write on the back when I tear it out of the book I may accidentally throw out those plans on the back.
- Since I rearrange pages often in discbound and like to use separate pages for each thing e.g. videos to film for my channel, photos to take for this blog etc.
- Once I’m finished with one side I don’t want to keep it in my book just because I’ve written on the other side. When I’m finished with a page I want to take it out of the book
And since they only have black stripe dot grid inserts, I made a rainbow one 🙂
Get the bundle in my printables shop! (click here)
Found this post helpful? Pin it!