So you’ve found a pretty printable (perhaps from my shop… 🙂 ) and you want to print it double sided. There are 2 ways to do this:
Tip: All printers are different, I highly recommend doing a test print in greyscale first
How to print double sided – Method 1 (Automatic)
If you purchase a printable from my shop I always include 2 copies of the PDF (if it is a single page design) so that there will always be a minimum of 2 pages per PDF file. I do this to make duplex printing and 2 per page printing easier.
To print double sided, go to your printer menu and select ‘duplex printing’, the same design will print on both sides of the page. If it is a design that extends across 2 pages, one page will print on the front and then your printer will automatically feed it back through and print on the other side.
Printers that have this function cost a bit more but it’s definitely worth it! Printers that have this function also tend to have multiple color ink cartridges (cyan, magenta etc.) rather than just 1 ink cartridge so the print quality is a lot better.
Prefer to watch a video? Here’s how to print 2 sided
To enlarge the screen of the video, click the square icon in the bottom right hand corner of the video (it will say ‘full screen’ when you hover your mouse over the icon).
How to print double sided – Method 2 (Manual)
Let’s say your printer cannot do duplex / 2 sided printing automatically, no sweat, there’s just an extra step involved
- Open the PDF file. Go to file > print
- Select page size, whether you want borderless printing etc.
- Print on one side of the page (if you’re using one of my PDF Files just select ‘1’ beside ‘pages to print’)
- Then take the page out of your printer, turn it around so that the top feeds into the printer first. NOTE: All printers are different, your printer may feed through the opposite way – make sure you do a test print in greyscale
Printing weekly planners double sided (manual)
As all printers are different they can feed the paper in different ways. I highly recommend doing a test print before printing an entire planner’s worth of pages. In your printer menu, change the pages to print from ‘all’ to ‘pages’ then enter e.g. 1 – 6. Make sure ‘odd pages only’ under more options is also selected
After the pages print, pick them up and turn them 180 degrees so that the top of the page is farthest away from you and will feed through the printer first. Then open up the print menu again and select ‘reverse order’ after ‘even pages only’
More printing tips & tutorials:
- How to print printables at MAMBI Happy Planner Size (step by step tutorial)
- Which is Cheaper: DIY Printable Planners or Pre-Printed & Assembled Planners?
- 7 Ways to make colors POP when printing using an Inkjet printer
- Don’t own a printer? Here are 5 companies that will print and ship printables to your door
- How to get rid of a white border when printing printable (borderless, no bleed, no scaling step by step video tutorial)
- How to Choose a Printer (Including the best printer for printing printables and planner stickers)
- How to print printables at Erin Condren planner size from your home printer (step by step tutorial)
Found this post helpful? Pin it!