The Lorna Leigh Lane is one of the very few Aussie Planners I’ve come across! It has a really nice bright rainbow theme on the weekly spread, lots of lined writing space and overall just a really nice, good quality planner.
See my full review of the planner in this post.
Before the Pen
After the Pen
I started out planning the week by converting the sidebar into the main things to get done for the week.
Then went into more detail for each of these (or scheduled if they didn’t require a detailed breakdown) in the sections for each day.
The planner is in vertical hourly format with times pre-printed. However since I work a day job I don’t need times pre-printed, I prefer to do task based planning. So I grabbed my favorite correction tape (the Keji brand from Officeworks – $1 for 2 rolls – bargain) and set to work crossing out the times.
I then used some glitter washi tape to cover up the text that said ‘my appointments’. Silver glitter washi tape is my go to for covering things up as it coordinates with rainbow colors, black and white etc. – it looks good with everything!
I didn’t do any decorating. Icon stickers in colors that match the planner would’ve looked really good but I was in a rush to get things done before going on holidays so opted for just a black pen. One of my favorites: the PaperMate Inkjoy 100 1.0M (the ballpoint version of my all time favorite pen – the PaperMate Inkjoy Gel 0.7).
- Silver glitter washi tape from my sister’s shop, Carefully Crafted
- PaperMate Inkjoy 100 1.0M (ballpoint pen) in black (comes in lots of colors though)
PROS OF THE LORNA LEIGH LANE WEEKLY PLANNER
- Colorful and gold accents!
- Pocket folder
- Comes in a pretty box (it’s not very high so it’d make a good box for storing planner pens, highlighters etc.)
- Lined notes pages at the back of the planner have an empty title box – perfect for list making
- Functional weekly layout
- Sturdy hardcover
- The weekly and monthly spreads are consistent – both start on a Monday
- Ships to Australia and internationally
CONS OF THE LORNA LEIGH LANE WEEKLY PLANNER
- The scheduling space in the daily spread is quite narrow
- Schedule is 7am to 7pm – if you’re a night owl like me these hours may not suit you
- The planner is on the pricey side at $58 AUD plus shipping
Would I use this planner again?
I like this planner – the rainbow color scheme is my all time favorite from the 80+ planners I’ve reviewed. However, I’m not someone that uses an hourly planner or vertical so I probably won’t use the planner again. If a horizontal version of the planner is ever created I’m definitely trying it.
Found this post helpful? Pin it!