For my last Christmas themed weekly spread of the year I decided baubles would be my theme. I hoped my Helix Circle Maker (affiliate link) would arrive in time but sadly it was a few days too late… so I went in search of other round things to use to make the ornaments. Water bottle, wine bottle, shampoo, hot chocolate tin… I finally found the perfect size round object – my makeup container of all things!
I traced around my foundation container and ‘drafted’ the layout in pencil first, then went back and added some color. Instead of the ‘typical’ Christmas colors of red and green I decided to do a rainbow spread:
If you don’t have a blog, you could use different planning categories in your ornaments instead of blog posts. E.g. cleaning tasks, your kid’s tasks, meal planning etc.
After using this notebook a few times I’ve decided I really hate this binding / cover style. The cover sticks out too far making the notebook clunky, and when you turn the pages back on themselves the notebook doesn’t lay completely flat. I definitely won’t be ordering this binding style again.
- Agendio custom dot grid notebook
- Tombow twin tone dual tip pens (Teal, orange, purple, green & pink)
- Milkliner dual tip highlighter (light blue)
- Stabilo point 88 fine 0.4mm (light blue pen) (affiliate link)
- Uni Pi’s dual tip pen (yellow)
- To make the circles for the ornaments I used the lid of my makeup container (mineral foundation from Nude by Nature if you were wondering) but you could use anything round (e.g. a jar, wine bottle) or a Helix Circle Maker (affiliate link)
- Lead pencil & eraser
- Numbered stickers from the MAMBI dates and holidays sticker book
- Carpe Diem celebrate / party hat sticker
Pros of this spread
- Something different
- Don’t need to be able to draw – just need something round
Cons of this spread
- Took a while to setup
- Not much space to to do’s (I ran out of room and ended up adding a sticky note)
- Need large page size
Would I use this spread again?
Maybe. I’d probably make the ornaments smaller so there’s more room for to do lists on the spread.
More Christmas Weekly Spreads
- Christmas Tree Weekly Spread on Black Paper
- Using a Kikki K Weekly Planner (Christmas washi tape theme)
- Christmas lights themed bullet journal weekly spread
Planning tips & ideas
- 10 Discbound notebooks for planning or bullet journaling
- Make your own personalised printable recipe binder
- 5 Planner supplies you never knew you needed
Liked this post? Pin it!