Before the Pen
After the Pen
The idea for this spread came from the 4 distinct columns in the the Mi Goals planner. So I chose 4 colors I don’t tend to use together very often: pink, purple, blue and teal.
Posts published this week:
- 12 Solutions for when you run out of space in your planner
- Recollections Budget Planner Review
- Discbound planners & notebooks: brands that are compatible
- Rhine Falls and Stein Am Rhein half day trip from Zurich
- Landscape page orientation bullet journaling in the Northbooks dot grid notebook
- Lake + Loft Weekly Planner Review
I originally used pen to draw the outline of the boxes but there was too much pen, not enough color so I converted the boxes into highlighter ‘boxes’ instead.
I considered adding some washi tape but since I don’t use highlighters often enough, I used those instead.
I didn’t realise until after I took these photos that I forgot to cover up April with a July sticker – oops!
I did my usual blog post workflow coding letters (D = Draft, E = Edit, P = Pinterest, V = Video, I = Images). As I suspected, the MUJI pen ended up being hard to see over the highlighter – I’d use black or a dark grey pen next time.
The MAMBI checklist stamp is a quicker way of adding checkboxes if you don’t want to do so by hand or using highlighter.
Since my Mum was visiting the following week it was time to do a lot of cleaning. The cleaning zones for my apartment are: kitchen, my bathroom, my bedroom and my half of the living area /entry. Instead of writing out all of the tasks in the cleaning zones – I referred to this printable I made years ago and ticked off things as I went.
The lines through some of the circles are the days I planned to do it. Once done, I colored in the circle.
The paper quality of the Mi Goals planner isn’t too bad – there was some ghosting for the darker highlighters and the MAMBI stamps (which always have ghosting).
- Carpe Diem flag date stickers
- MUJI gel pens 0.5mm – blue, purple, pink and green/teal
- Textsurfer highlighter (pink & blue)
- Stabilo boss highlighter (aqua / mint)
- Work planner stickers
- Cleaning zone planner stickers
- To Do planner sticker
- Don’t forget planner sticker
- MAMBI checklist stamp
- Keji whiteout tape (from Officeworks)
Would I use this layout again?
Definitely! The Mi Goals planner is one that I keep coming back to (and one of the few planners I buy every year). The layout is so functional and there’s heaps of list space.
Past weekly spreads
- Weekly planning using Microsoft Excel
- Weekly planning using multiple notepads (from Typo)
- Trialing the Sugar and Type Rule the World Planner
- The best white pens for writing on black paper
- DIY Planner Tutorial: How to make your own planner stickers without a Silhouette machine
- 50 Reminders to Put in Your Planner or Bullet Journal
Liked this post? Pin it!