Erin Condren are known for making pretty things, so was one of the first places I visited searching for a coil bound dot grid notebook. But I ended up getting sidetracked by their productivity layout…
- Size: 7″ wide x 9″ high (what I chose) or 8.5 x 11″
- Coil binding
- You choose the cover design
- Option to personalise the cover with your choice of text and / or photos
- 160 perforated pages
- 4 inside layouts to choose from:
- Lined with college ruled lined
- Productivity with College Ruled Lines + Functional Task Lists (this is the layout I chose)
- Dot Grid (5mm) for a Flexible & Versatile Layout
- Sketchbook for a Free & Open Layout
- $16 USD for the 7 x 9″
- $21 USD for the 8.5 x 11″
- Add $10 USD for a rose gold, gold or black coil
I purchased this notebook a few months ago. Since then they’ve increased the number of pages from 124 to 160. They also reduced the price of the 7 x 9″ notebook from $20 to $16.
Let’s take a closer look!
To enlarge the screen of the video, click the square icon in the bottom right hand corner of the video (it will say ‘full screen’ when you hover your mouse over the icon).
See the rest of my Erin Condren haul in this post.
The usual cover you’ve probably seen from Erin Condren before – laminated cardstock.
I opted for the world map (love the rainbow watercolor effect too!)
Approx 0.5″ thick (with the extra pages if you order this notebook now it’s probably slightly thicker).
And here is the reason I wanted this notebook! Love this functional layout:
Some of the pages have quotes or phrases at the top:
There are various colors included:
- Light Blue
- Dark blue
- Light Pink
- Hot Pink
The line spacing is 7mm.
On the backside of the front and back covers, are dry erase dashboards you can use with whiteboard markers.
There is 1 sheet of rainbow stickers included. Each sticker is 1.5″ wide x 0.5″ high. All of the colors match the colors used throughout the notebook.
For all the hype Erin Condren created about the ‘improved’ Mohawk paper… it’s not that great:
Everything had light ghosting – more for the highlighters than the pens.
I used marker pens in a weekly spread (see this post) and the page ‘drank’ the marker pen.
Pros of the Notebook
- Multiple cover colors & patterns to choose from
- Can personalise the cover with your name
- Variety of colors throughout (and nice colors too)
- 2 page sizes to choose from
- Thanks to the coil binding, the pages lay flat
- Fast shipping internationally (my order arrived within 5 days)
- Great price for a personalised notebook of this size
- 1 sheet of stickers in coordinating colors
Cons of the Notebook
- Paper is prone to ghosting
Would I use this notebook?
Yes! I love this style similar to Cornell note paper. I think the notebook is a good price plus the line spacing and page size is perfect. I love being able to customise the cover. I do wish the paper was less prone to ghosting.
Update! See how I used the notebook in this post.
More personalised notebook & planner reviews:
- Bullet Journal Planner by Letter Love Designs
- Personal Planner Review (affordable, completely customisable weekly planner)
- Golden Coil Planner Review
- Favorite color coding planner supplies for less than $5
- How to make lined note paper DIY planner insert refills in Photoshop (quick and easy step by step tutorial)
- How to print any printable at any page size
Found this post helpful? Pin it!