If you’ve been a subscriber for a while, you might remember about a month ago when I tried my first webinar. It was an epic fail! 🙁 The software I was using to host the webinar (Google Hangouts) did not want to record the screen (it appeared to work while I was recording, but when the live recording turned into a replay it wouldn’t show my screen). I tried 3 times to record the webinar to no avail so have since recorded what was going to be the webinar as a video tutorial.
You can watch the replay/recording below:
To enlarge the screen, click the square icon in the bottom right hand corner of the video (it will say ‘full screen’ when you hover your mouse over the icon). If you miss a step or need to re-watch you can pause, restart, rewind and rewatch the recording as many times as you need!
How to make patterns in Photoshop and Monetize your designs is an ecourse filled with over 80 video tutorials and includes all of the shortcuts that took me forever to figure out!
NEVER USED PHOTOSHOP BEFORE? NO DESIGN SKILLS? NO PROBLEM!
This ecourse is perfect for beginners and those that already have some knowledge of how to use Photoshop.
I’ll show you step-by-step how to make over 20 different patterns and give you the skills to make even more patterns!
I don’t do things by halves and this ecourse is no exception, here’s a list of everything that’s included:
PART 1: AN INTRODUCTION TO USING PHOTOSHOP:
– The basics of pattern design in Photoshop
– My favorite Photoshop tools
– How to use the color tools in Photoshop
– Difference between, pros & cons between digital paper, pattern overlays versus making patterns from scratch
PART 2: STEP-BY-STEP PATTERN TUTORIALS including:
– How to make repeating patterns
– How to make dots & polka dots
– 3 Different ways to make chevrons
– How to make a herringbone pattern
– Creating an up and down pattern
– Using 1 shape to make 5 different patterns (all in under 10 minutes!)
– How to make stripes
– Checkerboard pattern
– Heart patterns
– Wavy patterns
– Diamond, grid and lattice patterns
– Confetti dot
– How to make a pattern with words
– How to make a pattern with words using the circle text tool
– Repeating triangles/bunting pattern
– Using the line tool
– Combining 2 patterns to create 1 pattern
– Using angles to add interest to your designs
– Using clipart (and other pre-made graphics) to make patterns
PART 3: CREATING DIFFERENT COLORWAYS FOR YOUR DESIGNS
– How to make a pattern overlay white
– 3 quick colors variations of the one pattern -using the same colors
– How to make multi-colored patterns (with as many colors as you like!) (5 methods)
– How to quickly make pastel patterns
– 3 Different ways to create ombre patterns
PART 4: HOW TO MAKE PATTERN COLLECTIONS
– Where to Start (and printable worksheets!)
– Types of Pattern Collections
– Other things to consider when creating pattern collections
– How many patterns should be in a collection?
– What page/template size should I use? And how to resize a pattern
– How to Choose Colors, Color Combinations (plus my favorite color inspiration tools)
– How to Make a Color Chart (plus a video tutorial)
– How to quickly make rainbow coloured digital paper packs
– What file format should you use? (Preparing your files for sale)
– Creating Preview Images for Your Products
PART 5: HOW TO USE THE PATTERNS YOU MAKE
– 100 Ways to use your pattern designs
– How to create a product on Zazzle using your designs (and a video tutorial)
PART 6: SPEEDING UP YOUR WORKFLOW
– My Designer Resources eBook (where I share all my favorite resources & secrets!)
– How to save a ton of $$$ when buying designer resources
– BONUS: My Email Swipe Files (including how to ask for a discount!)
– Types of licences (and which one to look for when buying resources)
– Where to find and how to use actions to quickly create digital patterns (plus a video tutorial)
– Batching Repeat Tasks
– Organizing Your Ideas, Workflow, Digital Files, Naming & Backing Up Files (Plus video tutorial on how to back up Photoshop files)
PART 7: MONETIZING YOUR PATTERN DESIGNS
– Setting a price for your designs (plus pricing custom orders)
– How to bundle your products for maximum profits
– How to make preview images for bundles (2 different ways) (video tutorials)
– The Art of the Upsell
– Where to Sell Your Patterns
– Choosing an instant download file delivery service (so you can make money on auto-pilot!)
– How to set up instant downloads for digital products (when selling via Etsy)
– Choosing product categories, writing product descriptions, essential information your website or – Etsy shop needs (plus detailed video tutorial)
– Should you accept custom orders & rush orders?
– How to create a subscription for your products
– Using your patterns to create fabric
The course includes my Designer Resources ebook which has all 200 of my favorite commercial use designer resources (which took foreverrrr to find) – it’s basically the exact ecourse I wish had been available when I was teaching myself how to make patterns a couple of years ago.
And here’s an example of one of the pattern collections created by one of the students in the ecourse, Danielle (how cute is that ballerina digital paper?!)
In the recording (above) I focused on how you can use the pattern design skills taught in the ecourse to make digital paper, but digital paper is just one of the ways you can use patterns (there’s a list of 100 product ideas in the ecourse!)
I genuinely mean it when I say that this is a jam-packed ecourse (there over 80 video tutorials, plus my designer resource ebook!).
You’ll need Adobe Photoshop, if you don’t already own Photoshop, it costs only $9.99/month
No problem! You don’t need any prior experience using Photoshop. I show you step-by-step how to make your own patterns and include a ton of introductory videos on how to use the various tools in Photoshop.
This is a self-paced online course – you will receive immediate access to the ENTIRE ecourse after your enroll (even if you pay via a payment plan). If you enroll now, you can have your first pattern created with an hour! You can access the course as many times as you want. You can pause, rewind and re-watch the tutorials as many times as you need.
How long do I have access to the course?
What if I am unhappy with the course?
Unfortunately due to the digital nature of the ecourse, NO REFUNDS will be given under any circumstances – serious buyers only please. If you have any questions please contact me via firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE purchasing and I will get back to you A.S.A.P (I usually reply to emails within 24hrs – note that I am located in Australia – when it is 10am in L.A. it is 3am here!)
Whether you make the one-time payment or choose the payment plan, you’ll receive instant access to the entire ecourse. You’ll also receive lifetime access so you can learn at your own pace, pause, re-watch and rewind the video tutorials as many times as you need!
If you have any questions about the ecourse, about the stripes pattern tutorial in the video (at the start of this blog post), or about making patterns in general, just hit reply or email me via email@example.com (no question is a stupid question!)
You may also be interested in...
- How to use pattern overlays in Canva
- How to make stripe patterns in Photoshop
- How to Make Patterns in Photoshop and Monetize Your Designs (my new Ecourse!)
- What is the difference between a digital paper, pattern overlay and Photoshop .PAT file?
- How to make a seamless repeating pattern in Photoshop (video tutorial): checkerboard
- How to change the colors of a pattern overlay in Photoshop