I have a pen addiction. A big one. From the many, many pens I’ve purchased over the years, if I had to narrow it down to just 3 of my favorite gel pens, this would be them:
This post contains affiliate links.
Yes they are pricey and yes they are worth it. As soon as I tried these pens I regretted not buying the 14 pack. The colors are bright and you can actually see the yellow ink.
I love these pens so much I convinced my sister to stock them in her planner supplies shop (wasn’t hard to convince her once she tried them).
2. Muji Gel Ink
When I found these at the Muji shop in London and did some pen testing I finally understood what all the rave was about with these pens!
They write smoothly, the colors and nice, and best of all there’s no useless yellow pen in the pack.
A relatively recent find on Amazon – the Kaco Green Pure Plastic Ballpoint Pens in 0.5mm tip write so smoothly. They come in a 20 pack as well – which I wish I had bought as the colors are really nice.
Why do these 3 pens make it to my favorites list?
- They all write smoothly on any paper
- They all have vibrant colors (that are also true to the colors of the actual pens / pen lids)
- They all come in enough colors for color coding
- The ink doesn’t skip when you write
- The packs all have a black pen
- They all have a decent shade of green (and a light green, some pen packs only have a dark green)
- They don’t bleed through paper
More pen posts
- Planner pens I don’t recommend (prone to smearing, bleed through etc.)
- How to choose the right planner pens: what to look for when buying planner pens
- How to store planner pens (5 ways – and my favorite method!)
- 6 Ways to color code your planner to increase productivity
- Why I plan my day using planner stickers (and why you should too!)
- 20 Productivity & Time Management ‘Rules’ I Live By
- How to color code bill paying in your planner (7 different ways)
Found this post helpful? Pin it!