I’ve done plenty of 1 color, 2 color and rainbow weekly spreads in the past but I rarely do 3 color layouts. The color for November in the Purple Trail Planner is teal so I wanted to use a teal pen and thought about other colors that work with teal. Since I always use pink and purple, I opted for something different: teal, green and blue.
Before the Pen
After the Pen
Kept it simple this week as was a bit preoccupied with… Black Friday sales!!
I was going to use my TUL needle tip pen which comes in a really nice teal, but I’ve only had those pens for a year or 2 and the ink is already dried out.
- Papermate Inkjoy Gel 0.7mm (Teal)
- Inklab Fineliner (like a cheap knock off of the Staedtler Triplus Fineliner that works just as good
- Teal washi tape
- Teal, blue and green dot stickers
- Shopping icon planner stickers
Pros of the Purple Trail Planner
- Nice colors (and different colors for each month)
- Large tabs so you can easily find the month you’re looking for
- Half lined / half unlined writing space
- Bright white paper that’s really smooth to write on
- Very quick to set up the spread
Cons of the Purple Trail Planner
- The coil is way too big, you definitely need to fold the pages back to write as the coil gets in the way
- Sunday has a smaller space than the rest of the days
Would I use this planner again?
This planner is ok. It was ideal for this week when I didn’t have much on but it’s not a layout I could use every week. I’m a bit over the usual vertical & horizontal layouts that most planners have. This company does have other week layouts e.g. categories for school, wedding planners etc.
Past weekly spreads
- Week 31: Using the Ashley Shelly Planner for weekly planning
- Bullet journaling in the Scribbles that Matter Notebook (is it worth the hype?)
- How (and why) I pre-plan the week using the Plum Paper horizontal lined with notes layout
Liked this post? Pin it!