Following on from the previous week’s spread. I continued using stencils for another quick and simple layout for my last Christmas spread of the year.
Before the Pen
My sister had ordered in some Christmas washi from her shop (since sold out, but this set is similar) and as soon as I saw it I knew I wanted to do a spread with it! The details of the graphics are really accurate (not blurry at all) and the color printing is great. I’ve been searching for Christmas washi in a more ‘medium’ green tone as Christmas washi always seems to come in dark green only.
I was going to do a washi tape border top and bottom but up the top was enough color without taking up too much space on the page. I had stopped the washi tape before the mushroom hole for the discs but it looked odd so I took it all the way across the page and got some nail scissors and trimmed little bits until there was room for the disc to go back down over the page.
After the Pen
I used my all time favorite pens – the Frixion erasable 0.7mm. This tip size is a bit too big for the days of the week stencil. I had to go back and do some touch ups after using the stencil. Next time I’ll be using a 0.3mm tip pen.
I used some marker pens to outline the date dot stickers as it looked too plain otherwise.
The Maggie Holmes paper doesn’t have any decorative patterns on the disc hole side and fits perfectly with the Happy Planner. however the paper is much thinner than the Happy Planner. I did a detailed comparison (including pen test) in this post.
- Maggie Holmes dot grid refill paper (comes in a pack with graph paper and colored paper)
- PA Stencils Adventure Alpha (there are plenty of other alphabet stencils from this brand as well)
- PA Stencils Journaling 3 (days of the week)
- Christmas washi tape (now sold out, this set is similar)
- Thin red polka dot washi tape from the rainbow collection by MAMBI
- Frixion erasable pen 0.7mm (black)
- My Prima planner date dot stickers (appear to no longer be available)
- Crayola take note dual tip pens (for the rings around the date dot stickers)
- My DIY discbound notebook (see this post for a tutorial)
Would I use this spread again?
Yes! I really like this spread. Very simple but the washi tape makes it not so plain and boring. I want to do this same simple layout again in different colors. Maybe rainbow colors…
Past weekly spreads
- Christmas Baubles Themed Weekly Spread in my Custom Agendio Bullet Journal
- List makers spread in the PAIPUR hybrid notebook
- Erin Condren Petite Dot Journal & Stencils
- Minimalist Planner Decorating: Title Ideas for your Bullet Journal
- 10 Quick planner hacks you need to try (planning tips & inspiration)
- 7 Cheaper alternatives to popular (but expensive) planner supplies\
Liked this post? Pin it!