Lately there seems to be more and more dot grid notebooks with coil binding and pretty personalised covers. The Practical Paper Co notebook is one of them!
- Cover Size: 7.5″ wide x 9.5″ high
- Page size: 7″ wide x 9″ high
- Coil binding
- 103 Dot grid pages ((i.e. about 50 double sided dot grid pages)
- Bright white paper
- Personalised cover (you choose the design from their options)
- Choose between laminated or frosted cover
- Contents (2 pages)
- Key / symbols (2 pages)
- Year at a glance (2 pages)
Price: $10 USD for the medium size
Let’s take a closer look!
To enlarge the screen of the video, click the square icon in the bottom right hand corner of the video (it will say ‘full screen’ when you hover your mouse over the icon).
Mentioned in the video: Agendio custom dot grid notebook review
For the cover you can choose between a frosted cover (which I chose for the planner I also got from this company and which will be in another review post), or the gloss laminated that I chose for this notebook. Both covers turned out great! (no difference in price either)
Approx 0.25″ thick i.e. very thin… but it also means it’s very lightweight
Inside the notebook there are a few preliminary bullet journal pages – a key, contents and year at a glance.
There are 103 dot grid pages (i.e. about 50 double sided dot grid pages)
The dots are 0.25″ spacing
The paper is bright white and smooth to write on….
But very prone to ghosting…
Pros of the notebook
- Doesn’t weigh much
- Plenty of cover options to choose from
- Free cover personalisation
- Choose between lined, grid, dot grid or blank
Cons of the notebook
- Thin – there are only about 50 double sided pages
- Paper is prone to ghosting
Would I use this notebook?
While the planner is very thin and the paper quality isn’t the best it is really cheap. And you get a personalised cover. And bright white paper. And it’s coil bound not annoying sewn bound. So yes I’d use this notebook!
Update: The company has decided they are no longer shipping to Australia. Not sure why since they didn’t offer free shipping so the buyer pays shipping anyway….
More dot grid notebook reviews:
- Pretty dot grid notebooks for bullet journaling (roundup)
- Kikki K Grid Journal Review
- Artist’s Loft Dot Grid Journal Review
- Lined, dot grid, graph or blank: what paper type is right for your bullet journal?
- Pens & Highlighters Smear Testing: Which ones don’t smear
- Color coded monthly meal planning using sticky notes
Found this post helpful? Pin it!