I’ve seen many dot grid notebooks but something I’d yet to see? A dot grid notebook with a sparkly cover (yes please!)
- Size: 13 x 21 cm (approx A5)
- Hardcover (5 colors to choose from)
- Sewn binding
- Silver foil edges
- Contents pages
- 140 Numbered dot grid pages
- 120 GSM Ivory paper
- 8 Double sided perforated dot grid pages
- 2 Ribbon bookmarks
- Pocket folder
Let’s take a closer look!
To enlarge the screen of the video, click the square icon in the bottom right hand corner of the video (it will say ‘full screen’ when you hover your mouse over the icon).
Mentioned in the video: Archer and Olive dot grid notebook review
I found this notebook on Amazon (affiliate link).
I like shiny notebooks but not the overly tacky holographic style covers – I’d rather a subtle sparkle. It doesn’t look it in the picture below, but this cover shimmers (watch the video for a better look)
1.8cm thick (Between 0.5″ and 0.75″ thick) – love that silver foil edging
2 Contents pages with plenty of room to write
5mm dot grid spacing
There are 8 perforated pages at the back of the notebook. A good idea if you know 1 notebook isn’t going to last you an entire year (budget, mood tracker etc.) and will be migrating pages (can stick them into your next notebook with washi).
I like the wide margins on all sides of the pages (I always find it awkward to rule a line when the dots are right on the edge of the page)
The page numbers sit below the dot grid (I always check as sometimes they sit within the dot grid)
There are 2 coordinating ribbon bookmarks. The pages lay flat on their own!
I tried all the usual pens & highlighters and sadly, there was a lot of ghosting:
Pros of the Planner
- Portable size
- Numbered pages (and the numbers sit below the dot grid)
- Pre-printed index page
- Ivory pages (I prefer white but at least they’re not yellow)
- 5 Cover colors to choose from (each has a bit of a sparkle – refer to my video review to see!)
- Silver foil edges is a classy touch
- Affordable price
- pages lay flat on their own
Cons of the Planner
- Paper is prone to ghosting
Would I use this notebook?
Yes. I love the sparkly purple cover and silver foil edges. I do wish the paper was thicker.
This feels like a cheaper version of the Archer and Olive notebook (with thinner paper).
If you’d like a copy of this notebook, I found this notebook on Amazon (affiliate link).
More bullet journal notebook reviews:
- PAIPUR Dot grid notebook
- Artist’s Loft Dot Grid Journal Review
- Practical Paper Co. Custom Dot Grid Notebook
Bullet Journal Tips:
- 10 Quick and Simple Bullet Journal Daily Layouts
- Quick, simple and functional bullet journal decorating tips
- 12 Monthly planning bullet journal spreads (you can do in 5 minutes or less)
Found this post helpful? Pin it!