If you keep a bullet journal or just like to decorate your planner, titles are one of the easiest ways to add extra interest to the page, especially if you prefer to plan using only a black pen.
Minimalist planner decorating: Titles
However, just because you use black pen, or don’t want to use stickers and washi tape etc. doesn’t mean your planner has to be plain and boring! Here are some of my favorite, simple title decorating ideas:
- Confetti / random dots
- Stripes (horizontal, diagonal and vertical – equally spaced and randomly spaced)
- Squares / checked
Use the same pattern or different patterns for each letter.
- One color for the entire word
- Every 2nd letter in a different color
- Every 3rd letter in a different color
- Outline the letters in 1 color then use a different color/s to color in the letters
- Different colors for each letter
- Top half of the letters in 1 color, bottom half in another color
- Add dots or lines to the ends of the letters
- Alternating between thick & thin pens
- Drawing a bubble or circle around the letters
- Uppercase and lowercase letters
- Using the sakura gelly roll 08 (or any white pen) to draw dots or lines over the top of colored in letters (especially black!)
- Faux calligraphy by adding weight (i.e. shading / make one side of the letter fatter than the other)
- Add a shadow to the letters
- Single underline
- Double underline
- Dashed line
- Dotted line
- Wavy lines
I also did some monogram ideas if you want to dress up a plain planner cover!
- Week 15: Trying a freehand weekly planner inspired by bullet journalling
- Week 33: Colorful Bullet Journal Inspired Weekly Spread
- Week 37 (part 2): Planning using the daily plan bar method (bullet journal inspired)
Want more planner decorating ideas? See this post for page divider ideas.
Found this post helpful? Pin it!