If you’re looking for a change from planning on white paper and want to give kraft paper a try, these are the pens you’ll need (and the ones you should avoid):
Which pens write best on Kraft paper
- Sakura Gelly Roll 08
- Sharpie Permanent Markers (metallic gold and silver)
- Sakura Ballsign
- Pilot Poplol 0.7mm
- The Craft Stall Metallic Pencil (from the Reject Shop Australia)
- Target metallic gel pen
- Gelly Roll Metallic Glitter (I had to write over the words twice so wouldn’t recommend)
These pens were too dark that you wouldn’t be able to read what you’d written:
- Kaisercraft metallic glitter (can’t see it enough to read it properly)
- Scholar Gel Ink Metallic & Pastel (from Aldi – had to write over the words twice and still can’t see it very well)
- Uniball Signo (colors, I don’t have a white one to test)
- Sakura Gelly Roll
More white pens
These are white pens I’ve come across on the internet but don’t own so I’m assuming would work ok on kraft paper:
- Uniball Signo
- Recollections Signature Broad (from Michaels)
- Sakura Pen Touch 1mm fine point
Which pens were best?
For writing on black paper I recommend the Sakura Gelly Roll 08. The Pilot Poplol worked second best but I had to write over the words twice.
Prefer to write on black paper? See which pens write best in this post.
More pen reviews
- Planner pen testing in the Erin Condren Life Planner, Plum Paper, Happy Planner by MAMBI and Limelife Planner
- 5 expensive pen brands that are worth the money (I have no regrets for splurging on them!)
- Brush pens versus highlighters: which is better for planning?
- The Process Behind Making a Printable Planner
- 50 Category Ideas for Color Coding Your Planner
- How to organize small planner stickers using a reciepts folder
Found this post helpful? Pin it!