With so many planners to choose from in so many price ranges, it can be tempting to go for a cheaper planner. But there are some expensive planners that I do think are worth the money. By expensive I’m taking about $60 USD (or more).
4 Planners that are worth the price
Who doesn’t want to design their own custom planner exactly the way they want it?! This is my favorite custom planner company (but it’s also the most expensive).
The price varies depending on:
- Page size
- Cover material
- Number of pages you add
- Color versus neutral printing
- Duration of the planner
- And tons of other customisation options
The reason this one makes it to the top of the list (and is frequently mentioned in other posts on my blog) is because it offers the most customisation. You can change things like:
- Font style
- The color/s for every month
- The size of the boxes in each section
- Binding style
- Daily planning layout
- The weekly layout
- Monthly calendar
- Line spacing
- Square or circle checkboxes
- The headings for each section (or you can leave them blank)
- Agendio Review (custom, personalised weekly planner)
- Agendio Daily Planner
- Agendio 5.5″ Wide x 8″ High Weekly Planner Review (Custom Planner)
- Agendio monthly planner review (coil bound vs. hardcover version)
- Custom Agendio Vertical Weekly Planner Review
- Agendio custom dot grid notebook
The one con of the Agendio planner is that the paper is prone to ghosting:
I really like their weekly spreads and the color printing is so nice. The paper is really smooth to write on and there isn’t much ghosting.
There are plenty of less common weekly spreads and you can choose neutral inside pages or colorful:
3. Golden Coil
Another company that will allow you to create a custom planner but with not quite as many customisation options as Agendio is Golden Coil.
You can choose between plenty of weekly spread layouts, add a calendar, and there are heaps of extra pages (more than Agendio offer).
It’s only downfall is the paper. I don’t like the yellow-ivory color and the paper feels rough and thick. There is some resistance when writing. My favorite pens the Frixion erasable do erase, but due to the textured paper there’s some smudging – it feels like you’re ripping through the paper a bit when you erase.
Read more: Golden Coil Planner Review
If you’re trying to choose between Golden Coil and Agendio, I did a detailed comparison in this post.
I held off buying this planner for so long because it’s so expensive and international shipping is super expensive too. I eventually found a partly used one for sale in a planner Facebook group and purchased it that way.
When Black Friday sales come around again I’ll be stocking up on some of the refill pages.The covers are an investment (at around $40 USD they cost as much as an entire planner) but they’re very sturdy material and remind me of the ARC leather covers (which I’ve had for about 7 years). So if the cover and discs are going to last for years and I can just switch out / add more refill pages each year to create a planner, then I think the cover is worth the initial investment.
The spreads are simple, there’s no wasted space, the colors are nice (the only planner where I actually like the yellow) and most importantly… disc binding!
The 160 GSM paper is so thick there’s no ghosting or bleed through. I don’t mind paying a bit extra for really good quality paper but I do wish the refill packs included more pages.
Only a bit of ghosting for MAMBI stamps:
I was intending to make this a longer list however after trawling through my bookcases of planners, I really couldn’t think of anymore expensive planners that I really really liked and wanted to include in this post.
More planner reviews
- Personal Planner Review (affordable, completely customisable weekly planner)
- 7 Alternatives to the Erin Condren Hourly Weekly Planner
- Phoenix Journal Daily Planner Review
- How to print an A4 printable onto US letter size paper (and vise versa)
- How to make lined note paper DIY planner insert refills in Photoshop (quick and easy step by step tutorial)
- 52 Life admin tasks to add to your planner this year
Found this post helpful? Pin it!