A reader asked me for a life admin to do list which I thought was a great idea. I usually just add these tasks to my planner as they’re nearing their due date or as I think of them, but I agree a reference list to add to the back of my planner would be handy!
So I typed out all of the life admin tasks I could think of and ended up with 52 – 1 task to do for each week of the year. Some of them might not apply to you and your list might need different tasks so I’ve created a printable version of the tasks on this list, and a blank list you can use to add your own. If you’re not as big a fan of rainbow colors as I am, I’ve included a black and white version too.
52 Life Admin Tasks
- Check superannuation balance and investment strategy (401k for my USA readers)
- Check value and performance of shares, bonds and other investments
- Review / compare / ask for a better mortgage interest rate
- Review / compare / ask for a better savings account interest rate
- Review Debt balance & pay-off strategy
- Tax planning & organizing (scan and shred tax documents older than 7 years, calculate expected tax payable this financial year, update tax deductions records etc.) – there’s a tax deductions checklist in the free printables library
- Review savings goals
- Sell (or donate) stuff you haven’t used in the last 6 months
- Review utilities bills – is it time to switch to a different provider?
- Review points earning credit card offers & interest rates
- Cancel any unused or rarely used subscriptions & memberships
- Review life insurance
- Review home insurance
- Review contents insurance
- Review income protection insurance
- Review pet insurance
- Review health insurance
- Review your goals for each category – finances, relationships, health, career etc.
- Write a will (or update your existing will)
- Update household binder
- If you’ve moved in the past 12 months, check your address is update to date (insurances, subscriptions etc.) – postal & email address
- Renew your driver’s licence if it’s due to expire
- Update your CV
- Professional development (make sure your CPD is up to date and meets the requirements of the professional body)
- Career planning & salary check against industry average, prepare points for your next salary review
- Pay the annual membership fee on any professional bodies you’re a member of e.g. CPA
- Any repairs or upgrades needed?
- Arrange car servicing
- Flip mattresses & wash blankets, doona / duvet / comforter
- Change batteries in the smoke detectors
- Clean windows (both sides)
- Clean gutters
- Review exercise routine
- Donate blood
- Breast screening, skin cancer checks
- Check cholesterol, blood pressure etc.
- Doctor’s visit to renew expiring prescriptions and for vaccinations that are due
- Clean air-con filters
- Purge closet
- Clean blinds
- Clean ceiling fans
- Clean oven
- Clean microwave
- Purge makeup
- Inbox zero (use unroll.me to unsubscribe from mailing lists)
- Delete files in the downloads folder of your computer (you can find this here), then go to the recycle bin and delete those same files from in there
- Change internet passwords
- Change pin numbers on credit cards, travel card, savings card
- Check passport expiry date and arrange to get a new one if required
- Create a photobook!
Want a printable version of this list?
There’s a pre-filled version with the items listed above, as well as a blank version for you to add life admin tasks relevant to you (it’s an editable printable so you can type straight into the PDF, print and add it to your planner with some washi tape or glue).
How to resize the printable to suit any page size here.
Tutorial for adding to your digital planner is here.
More planning tips
- Setting up a new planner: 70 Tasks to add
- 15 Review questions to ask yourself at the end of every week
- 5 Things I Plan (but not in my weekly planner)
Found this post helpful? Pin it!