If your planner or bullet journal spreads are getting too same-same, here are some ideas!
Using a multi-colored washi tape is a great prompt / done-for-you color schemes. Highlighters can convert a plain spread into colorful.
- 1 color, 2 colors, 3 colors
- New Years
- Valentines Day
- Mothers Day
- Fathers Day
- Random holidays like World Nutella Day
- Ice cream
You could do healthier food spreads… but most planner stickers are for sweets!
- Favorite movie or TV show
- A decade 80’s, 90’s etc.
- Shapes – stars, hearts etc.
- Repeating patterns e.g. chevrons
- Magic – witches, warlocks etc.
- Places / city scapes e.g. New York City, Paris
- Animals – Bees / honeycomb, rabbits, puppies etc.
- Winter wonderland
- Hot choc
- Christmas Trees
- Fairy lights and pine trees
- Snow capped mountains
- Holiday bucket list
- Under the sea
- Citrus colors e.g. pink, orange, yellow, green
- Ice Cream
Related: 7 Reasons why I decorate my planner
Tools for decorating
- Pens (fine tip, gel, marker pens)
- Metallic pens
- Washi tape
- Sticky notes
- Brush pens
- White pens on kraft or black paper
A good place to start is to choose washi tape, then find pens that match colors of the washi. Or pick stickers you want to use, then match washi and pen colors etc. That’s what I did for the spread below:
More planning tips
- 10 Things I don’t put in my planner (and why)
- 20 Productivity & Time Management ‘Rules’ I Live By
- 10 Planner supplies that will help you plan your week faster