There are more and more weekly layout options for the Happy Planner these days (finally!) My current favorite is the Super Mom layout.
- Size: 7″ wide x 9.25″ high
- Laminated cardstock cover
- This belongs to page in case your planner is lost
- Dates at a glance
- Colorful inside pages
- 2 page weekly spread – horizontal notes + dashboard layout (starts on Monday)
- 2 Page monthly calendar (starts on Sunday)
- Extra pages (different 1 page weekly spread)
Let’s take a closer look!
To enlarge the screen of the video, click the square icon in the bottom right hand corner of the video (it will say ‘full screen’ when you hover your mouse over the icon).
Pen testing I mentioned in the video is in this post. Also at the bottom of this review.
If you like this planner, my sister stocks it (along with everything else MAMBI + other planner supplies in her shop)
Other Happy Planner Reviews:
- Happy Notes
- Happy Planner Recipe Organizer Review
- Happy Planner Budget Edition
- Vertical Happy Planner
- Mini Happy Planner
- Happy Planner Horizontal
Like all the other Happy Planners, it has a cardstock cover with laminate. My copy was a bit bent / damaged in transit but not a big deal as it’d bound to get damaged at some point after a year of use.
Approx 0.5″ thick
Functional + colorful!
Week starts on Sunday.
Unfortunately, MAMBI are still doing that annoying thing where they split the box in 2 diagonally rather than just restarting the date numbering on the top row so each day gets a full box.
I do love the shaded weekend days though!
I was so glad MAMBI finally released a different layout to the usual vertical, hourly and horizontal!
The 2 page layout has lots of list making spacing on the first page… <3
On the second page is plenty of lined writing space for each day (with equal size boxes for each day too), plus a meal planning section. Although the meal planning layout could be converted into cleaning, gratitude etc. by covering the title with a sticker.
The week starts on Monday though which is not consistent with the monthly calendar.
The colors vary throughout the planner with different shades of mint, blue and pink.
One of my favorite pages of the planner is in the extras section – the 1 page weekly planner. It’s probably intended for a project planner or meal plan with grocery list but I’d use it for general weekly planning or for blog planning. Love the rainbow colors! If you like just the rainbow week section (no graph paper), there are separate refills. My sister stocks them in her planner supplies shop.
Not too sure about the sticky note page. I’m not really into the ‘hand drawn’ look. I’d probably use the page for quarterly planning i.e. Jan goals in the sticky note and then the steps required to reach those goals in the dot grid beside it. It would also be a good project planning page.
Different dividers for each month:
If you grew bored of the cover you could flip the front and back covers and have the polka dots instead.
Dividers & Tabs
Each month has a different divider / cover design. Some are oriented towards a mom but some aren’t. You don’t have to be a mom to use this planner.
The color or foil is printed on the front of the tabs but not the back – it’s just white (cost cutting?)
The Happy Planner has one of the thickest (best) papers I’ve come across. There is really only ghosting (and a little bit of bleed through) for the marker pens.
Pros of the Planner
- Discbound! (read why I <3 discbound in this post)
- Nice extra pages
- Lots of color
- Metal discs
- Monthly overview page
- Paper is thick with minimal ghosting and bleed through
Cons of the Planner
- Some mom oriented things (divider pages and quotes) but not much
- Color / foil is printed on the front of the tab only
- Laminate cover may get bent in transit and with use
Would I use this planner?
Yes! I love discbound planners and love this weekly layout so will definitely be trying it out!
While it’s called super mom you don’t have to be a mom. There aren’t many mom references (only on some of the covers and quotes in the weekly spread which could be covered up with a sticker if you didn’t like them)
More planner reviews:
- Corie Clark Purposeful Planner Review – Daily Version
- Bullet Journal Ideas: 26 Weekly Spread Layouts to Try
- Day Designer for Blue Sky Horizontal Weekly Planner Review
- Overwhelmed by the planner community? Read this post
- What is the best day of the week to plan?
- After trying more than 20 pen brands, these are my top 5
Found this post helpful? Pin it!