Sticky notes are one of my all time favorite planner supplies – they have so many uses! There’s so many sticky note brands to choose from, these are my favorites:
My favorite sticky note brands
To enlarge the screen of the video, click the square icon in the bottom right hand corner of the video (it will say ‘full screen’ when you hover your mouse over the icon).
1. Post it Note 3M Super Sticky
Pricy, but worth it. They can be peeled off and re-stuck numerous times without losing their stickiness and have the widest color range. They’re also the most readily available.
My favorite color series are the world of color cape town collection.
My favorite sizes that these Post it Note 3M sticky notes come in are:
- 2 x 2″ square (that I use for blog planning)
- 1.75″ long x approx 0.5″ high for meal planning and monthly blog planning
- 2 x 1.5″ for pre-planning the week (deciding what I’m going to plan in each section of the page)
- 4″ wide x 6″ high jumbo size and lined (for ‘overflow’ tasks in the weekly spread)
Jumbo post it notes are ideal when you need a bit of extra space in the weekly spread
My favorite size is 2″ long x 1.5″ high. I may or may not have pinched a pad from work – sshh 😉 – as you have to buy the Aspire sticky notes in bulk. Mega Office Supplies in Australia stock them however, I’ve only ever seen them in yellow so if you wanted to color code you’ll need to use colored pens.
3. J Burrows
J Burrows is like a cheaper version of Post It Notes 3M sold only at Officeworks here in Australia.
They have a variety of page markers and a cheaper version of the Post it Note 1.5 x 2″ size – note that the sticky side is the shorter length (the 1.5″ side of the sticky note)
Whenever I write on Keji sticky notes, the pen ink bleeds after a couple of days. They’re ok for quick temporary things like leaving reminders to ‘freeze meat’, ‘take out the trash’ etc. but they do seem to lose their stickiness faster than other sticky notes.
Target is the only place I’ve been able to find (in Australia) that offers lined sticky notes of a similar quality (but cheaper) than the Post it Note 3M. I’ve only seen orange, yellow and green at Target, whereas Post it Note 3M have more colors to choose from.
Related: 10 ways to plan using sticky notes
Favorite places to buy sticky notes:
- Officeworks (J Burrors, their own brand)
- Post it Notes
- Mega Office Supplies
- Big W (they have Post it Note brand but a bit pricey)
- Target lined sticky notes
- Kmart (cheap but not super sticky)
- Reject shop (‘Note Works’ brand) and Stacks (for cheap page flags for $1 that I use to temporary mark recipe books)
- Woolworths (hit and miss, sometimes they have them, sometimes they don’t)
- My sister’s planner supplies store, Carefully Crafted
Favorite colors for sticky notes
I tend to stick to orange, pink, green and blue as these are the colors that sticky notes (regardless of the brand) tend to come in. They’re also colors other planner supplies such as pens and sticky notes come in if you want to color code.
If you need a specific size for sticky notes and can’t find it, you can always use scissors to trim sticky notes down to size.
More posts on planning with sticky notes:
- How to do color coded weekly meal planning in less than 5 minutes using sticky notes
- How to keep track of blog post ideas using sticky notes and a notebook
- Week 2: Planning using daily checklists
- Quick and easy weekly meal planning using sticky notes
- 5 Ways to use sticky notes for school or college
- 10 ways to plan using sticky notes
More planning tips:
- 10 Quick planner hacks you need to try (planning tips & inspiration)
- How to make printable graph paper in Photoshop (perfect for habit tracking and bullet journalling!)
- Arcing my Plum Paper Planner – everything you need to know if you’d like to try it yourself!
- Practicing Calligraphy: Free printable brush lettering worksheets
Found this post helpful? Pin it!