One of the last Recollections planners on my list to review is the mini version!
- Size: 4.75″ wide x 6.75″ high.
- Laminated cardstock cover
- Coil binding
- Dates at a glance page
- 2 page Monthly calendar (starts on Sunday)
- 2 page weekly spread (starts on Monday)
- Neutral or colorful inside pages
Let’s take a closer look!
To enlarge the screen of the video, click the square icon in the bottom right hand corner of the video (it will say ‘full screen’ when you hover your mouse over the icon).
I much prefer cardstock covers with a separate clear plastic protective cover – they are much more sturdier that laminated covers.
I’ve had other Recollections planners which this same type of laminated cover arrive bent on the corners due to the thin laminate.
The planner is approx 0.75″ thick.
The planner is undated so you can start using it anytime of the year!
The weekly spread starts on Monday which is not consistent with the monthly calendar. However, since the planner is undated, if this really bothered you, then you could change the start day with some days of the week stickers.
My favorite pages of the planner – the checklists! Unfortunately there are only 2 of these in the whole planner – it would’ve been great if there was 1 for each month.
Most of the dividers / tabs have a pattern on them which doesn’t seem very practical – if you wrote the month over the top you won’t be able to read it…. not that you can since the tabs are laminated. They’re also too small to use a label maker.
The planner does come with monthly sticker tabs but sticker over laminate? I’m not sure if they’ll stay stuck down for an entire year.
Each month has 1 notes page followed by the divider for the next month.
There are different divider designs for each month including quotes, raindrops pattern, polka dots, hearts, stripes and a floral pattern.
1 Sheet of planner stickers is included.
I’ve done reviews for numerous Recollections planners, here’s the pen test from one of those:
I tried various ballpoint, gel, fine tip and marker tip pens. The 3 marker pens (Uni Pis, Pure Color-F and Muji Hexa Pen) had some light ghosting but there was no ghosting for any of the other pens. And no bleed through for any! ?
I also did some highlighter and stamp swatches – no ghosting either.
However, as always, the MAMBI stamps bled through the page ?
Overall, one of the best pen test results of the 100+ planners I’ve reviewed! ?
Pros of the Planner
- Portable size
- Minimalist color scheme – decorate however you like
- Undated – start planning at anytime of the year
- As you’ll be adding your own dates there’ll be no split boxes on the monthly calendar
Cons of the Planner
- No cover personalisation
- Contacts pages which most people don’t use anymore
Would I use this planner?
No. The page size is too small for me. I think this would work best as a second planner e.g. use this planner at work and keep another planner at home for your personal to dos (or vise versa).
If you like this page size you might like the mini Happy Planner that I did a review of here.
More Recollections planner reviews:
- Recollections Menu Keepsake Planner and Recipe Book
- Recollections Budget Planner Review
- Recollections Planner Review (Vertical Weekly Layout) Pros & Cons
- Recollections Vertical Hourly Weekly Planner
- Recollections Horizontal (2019)
- Recollections Family Planner
- Recollections Teacher Planner
- Recollections Goals Planner
- Trying out the Recollections Vertical Weekly Planner
- 30 Minimalist Bullet Journal Weekly Spreads (set up the week in 10 minutes or less)
- Using blank pages: 50 useful lists to add to your planner
Found this post helpful? Pin it!