On weeks when I don’t have much to plan I tend to use lists or just 1 page and keep it simple. One of the best ways to do that is a back to basics – a blank piece of paper.
Before the Pen
This is one of the earlier Happy Notes where there weren’t many options. There are more Happy Note versions out now with different filler pages but rather than buying a new notebook, I opted to just get some of their dot grid filler paper – it’s rainbow! <3
After the Pen
I had some Park Lane Paperie washi tape that was a close match for the rainbow stripes plus some rainbow gel pens = quick + pretty rainbow spread!
The washi tape with circles ended up being perfect for habit tracking (7 different colors on the design)
The lighting wasn’t that great the day I took these photos but the colors are actually really bright!
I used the BLOT gel pens which are a cheaper alternative to the PaperMate Inkjoy Gel 0.7. I know I’ve raved about the Inkjoy’s but after having used the BLOT pens for a while now I think they’re just as good as the PaperMate (and much cheaper!)
The yellow is one of the best yellow gel pens I’ve ever come across.
I didn’t need personal planning space this week as I was entirely focused on travel planning. Otherwise I probably would’ve just done a list on another piece of paper.
- Park Lane Paperie stripe and dot washi tape (from the same pack)
- BLOT gel pens
- MAMBI Happy Notes book
- Rainbow stripe dot grid refill insert paper (from MAMBI)
Would I use the Happy Notes again?
Yes. I previously used it here. The page size is perfect, I love the ability to move pages around with discbound notebooks, the paper quality is great (no ghosting or bleed through) and it’s affordable.
- Setting up a new month in my bullet journal (minimalist style)
- Bullet journaling on black paper with white & gold pens
- Bullet journaling in the Rhodia Goalbook
- Guide to Discbound Planners & Frequently Asked Questions
- 10 Planner supplies that will help you plan your week faster
- 7 Planner supplies that aren’t worth the hype
Liked this post? Pin it!