I haven’t posted a Photoshop tutorial in a while, so let’s change that! The rotate tool is easy to use and oh so handy.
If you don’t have Photoshop already, make sure you download Adobe Photoshop.
To enlarge the screen of the video, click the square icon in the bottom right hand corner of the video (it will say ‘full screen’ when you hover your mouse over the icon).
With the rotate tool you can:
Rotate the entire canvas/template
Go to image > image rotation > then choose how much you want to rotate it by. So if your page was portrait orientation and you wanted to make it landscape orientation, you would rotate is 90 degrees
Rotate text, clipart, shapes, patterns, photos, graphics or other design elements
Rather than rotating the entire canvas and all of the design elements, you can rotate just one shape, or just one photo, one line of text etc.
Click on the layer, press CTRL and t (letter T) your keyboard and change the number in the degrees icon from the top menu
If you don’t know the exact degree you want to rotate it by, left click and drag your mouse to ‘freestyle’ rotate it until you’re happy with the angle.
Related tutorial: How to use shapes in Photoshop
Want more Photoshop tutorials?
I remember being so frustrated when I was figuring out how to use Photoshop and wishing there was some place I go could for quick tutorials on how to use the specific tools in Photoshop. So after a few years of using Photohop, I decided to record those tutorials and curate a free graphic design video tutorials library 🙂
Want to put this new skill to use? Check out some of my ecourses on how to use Photoshop:
- How to make planner stickers
- How to make printable labels in Photoshop
- How to make planner printables
- How to make seamless repeating patterns in Photoshop and monetize your designs
- How to make party printables in Photoshop
- How to download Adobe Photoshop (the software I use to make all my printables!)
- Raster, vector, png, .TIFF, CMYK – what does it all mean?! (Graphic design terminology explained)
- How to create a new file in Photoshop and how to resize (without distorting!)
- How to use the color tools in Photoshop
- How to color match anything in Photoshop (step by step tutorial)
- How to make a planner bookmark (DIY Page Markers Tutorial)
- How to change the colors of a pattern overlay in Photoshop
- How to make a stripe pattern in Photoshop (video tutorial)