I’d been long wanting to try out my custom Golden Coil planner and this week was the perfect opportunity! I needed a simple layout with lots of space for lists.
Before the pen
See my review of the Golden Coil in this post.
After the Pen
I kept everything sorted into 4 sections and color coded each section:
- Blog to do
- Blog posts
- Rainbow digital planner I was working on for my shop (if you want to learn how to make your own digital planners, click here)
- Personal to do list
One of the reasons I don’t like ivory, cream or yellow paper is that it’s harder to read what you’ve written if you use a light pen color (e.g the green in the photo below) – much easier to see this against white paper.
I used circles instead of checkboxes, definitely prefer checkboxes otherwise the circles just end up looking like letters. I used my usual blog post workflow:
- D = Post drafted
- E = post edited
- I = Images
- V = Video filmed
- P = Pinned to Pinterest (after the post is published)
- R.P. = Related post links updated
Posts published this week:
- Maggie Holmes versus the Happy Planner
- Bruges and Ghent day trip from Brussels via the train
- How to get started digital planning: the tools & resources you need
- 5 Things to do when you get a new bullet journal notebook
- Paperchase fineliner pens
- Golden coil custom planner
So is this planner worth the money?
I like this layout (tons of list space!) but there are a few things that deter me from buying a Golden Coil again:
- The large margins / gap at the edges of the page
- The yellow paper. I really wish it had white paper
I like this planner including the layout, page size and all of the add on options but there are other custom planners that I think are better value e.g. Agendio, Personal Planner. I didn’t feel inspired to decorate this spread with stickers, washi tape etc. so if you’re someone that likes planner decorating, this probably isn’t the right layout for you. If the Golden Coil comes out with different paper I would consider purchasing again.
Past weekly spreads
- Weekly Spread Using the Happy Planner ‘Planner Babe’ Inserts
- Rainbow highlighter weekly spread in the Leuchtturm Slim dot grid notebook
- Trying out the Recollections Vertical Weekly Planner
- 50 cleaning task reminders to add to your planner
- 7 Quick & Easy Ways to Personalise Your Planner
- 50 Tips for writing a better to do list that will make you more productive
Liked this post? Pin it!