I get questions from readers all the time asking me what my favorite planner supplies are so I’ve compiled all of my all time favorite planning supplies in this post!
I’m not sponsored by all of these companies – this is my honest opinion – as always.
My all time favorite planner supplies
I own more than 100 planners so for a company to make it to my favorites list it needs to offer:
- Functional weekly layouts (multiple styles to choose from is preferable)
- Medium page size (7 x 9″)
- Cover personalisation (or lots of cute covers to choose from)
- A layout that can be customised and used in numerous ways
These are my top picks for affordable + customisable + cute + good page size + functional layout:
- Plum Paper
- Limelife Planners
- Mi Goals
- Blue Sky / Designer Collab (affordable + cute + various layouts)
- Happy Planner (especially all the add on inserts)
- Agendio (create a custom planner)
There are many, many more planner companies out there – too many too list!
- Smiggle bright scented
- Kikki k highlighters (tip so thin they’re great for dividing up a planner into multiple sections plus can write headings with them)
- Papermate Inkjoy Gel 0.7mm
- Papermate InkJoy 100 1.0M (ballpoint)
- Pilot Frixion Erasable 0.7mm
- Ooly gel pens
- Stadetler Triplus Color FIneliner 0.7mm
- Schneider gel pens
- Muji Gel Ink Pens
- Muji hexa pens (thicker tip – good for writing headings)
More on my favorite pens:
- Ultimate list of the best planner pen brands and how to choose colors for color coding
- 5 expensive pen brands that are worth the money (I have no regrets for splurging on them!)
- Best highlighters for planning
- Favorite erasable highlighters for planning
- Thin rainbow washi
- Thin MAMBI washi (come in sets with various colors and patterns e.g. a set with black washi tape and patterns)
- Doodlebug rainbow washi (chevron, polka dots and stripes)
- Glitter washi tape
- Checklist washi tape
More on my favorite washi here: Favorite washi tape for planning, planner decorating & color coding
I only use self-inking stamps as no mess + quick and easy
I tend to only use Post it Note 3M as they’re super sticky and can be moved multiple times while retaining their stickiness. They also come in various colors, sizes, lined and grid dot format (good for habit tracking).
I also like the Aspire brand of sticky notes – super sticky + cheap + come in 1.5 x 2″ size (which is hard to find) = <3
Gold foil stickers also pair well with any planner colors 🙂
I only use white out correction tape. I never use liquid white out as this take too long to dry.
Paperclips are great for holding your place in your planner. I like MAMBI paper clips and any that come in cute shapes such as pineapples, hearts, flowers etc.
Pineapple paperclip is from kmart
I keep all of my household printables in plastic sleeves to prevent them from getting damaged. They’re also ideal for recipes to protect from kitchen spills.
If I don’t need the amount of space a traditional planner has, then I use a notepad.
I also like using notepads for extra tasks when I run out of room in the weekly spread, and for writing grocery lists (then fixing into my planner with a strip of washi tape).
Favorite places to buy planner supplies
- Favorite London Stationery shops for planner supplies
- Europe stationery haul!
- Favorite Places to Buy Planner Supplies in Australia
- Favorite Switzerland stationery shops for planner addicts
- How to make a DIY Erin Condren Planner Cover for less than $2 (plus free printable cover)
- Highlighters vs. Highlighter Pencils: Are they worth the cost?
- 6 Ways to color code your planner to increase productivity
- How to make planner stickers – creating perfectly proportioned shapes in Silhouette Studio (video tutorial)
Found this post helpful? Pin it!